Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Wedding Wows & Woes | Above All, A Celebration of Love

The Wedding Reception.

It merits capital letters because it is probably the most important party I will ever throw in my life. And it is a party because 1) there is a special occasion, 2) there's a gathering of people all dressed up,  3) food will be served and 4) music will be played.

I am not a big party goer, much less a big party thrower. I'm worried that the x no. of guests who will be there will not have a good time. That they will curse me for making them drive 8 hours and dress up for ho-hum food and a boring night. And it will haunt me for the rest of my life. 

The Zen Bride, you say? Not so zen, after all. I need a ...

*yoga break*

Okay. Breathe, Bride-to-be, breathe. 

Let's start over. 

The Wedding Reception. 

It is a very important party. And the x no. of guests who will drive 8 hours and dress up will be there because they are the ones who matter to me. Of course, they will look forward to good food and entertainment. But most of all, they just want to share in my happiness and be part of this celebration of love.

And really, that's what it's all about - LOVE. 

So I must look at all this from the point of view of love. My thoughts earlier? They were not coming from a place of love, but of fear. Is this the kind of energy I want to put into The Most Important Party Of My Life? I think not. 

This Zen Bride will start with loving the process of planning. What's not to love? Checklists + spreadsheets + googling floral arrangements, center pieces and wedding dresses = Heaven!

In the spirit of joy and love, I will do my due diligence as wedding planner and trust that all will be well in the end. 

The Most Important Party of My Life will be this: A gathering of family and dearest friends who will toast to our happiness. There will be laughter and singing. It will be, above all, a heartfelt celebration of love.





No comments: