Tuesday, July 02, 2013

On Ex-Minionship and Moolah


THE FEAR

This is the scary part of ex-minionship : the dwindling funds. The high of a paid project passes and gives way to slight panic. But I knew that this was exactly the risk of not having a steady income.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm being irresponsible and little self-indulgent  - quitting the cube. There's a tiny, tiny voice inside my head saying, "Get a day job, foolish thing." Am I?  Being foolish? I mean, I do have these little projects - which I am very, very grateful for - but it's all so irregular. This is a precarious situation.

And at the bottom of it all, is the subject of money. And how that financial breakthrough is so elusive - with or without a day job. It's not so much that I want to have loads and loads of cash so I can buy shiny things. But having enough, having a lot, will definitely give me options.


THE PARADIGM SHIFT

It has been said that one way to create affluence is to be grateful. To see what I have instead of what I do not. Perhaps the reason why I have not experienced affluence is because I always see money as something I lack and do not have enough of.

Poverty thought: I'm broke. I don't have money.

It is not true.  My bank account is not empty. Neither is my wallet. I do have money. Not a lot, maybe. But not zero. And for this I am grateful.

Poverty thought: My clients might not pay me in time for my bill due dates!

So far, this has not been the case. I am blessed to be working for individuals who are honest and have integrity. They have paid in the past, they will continue to pay. And it will come at the moment of need. It always does.

And just like that, the fear is gone.



Dear God,

I surrender my financial affairs and concerns about money to your Divine care and love.

I ask that you remove my worries, anxieties, and fears about money, and replace them with faith.

I know and trust that my debts will be paid and money will flow into my life.

I have only to look to nature to see proof of the abundance you provide.

I release all negative thoughts about money, and know that prosperity is my true state.

I commit to being grateful for all that I now have in my life.

I learn to manage my finances wisely, seeking help where needed.

And finally, I ask you to help me understand my purpose in life and to act on that purpose with courage and strength. I know that prosperity will come, in part, by doing work I love. Please help me use my skills and knowledge to be of service in the world.

Thank you, God.

Amen


Source:
http://www.beliefnet.com/Prayers/Protestant/Work/Prayer-For-Help-With-Finances.aspx

3 comments:

*A-and-a* said...

nicely done, chawie! :)
it moves me so that at that moment of fear/stuckness/paranoia :D, you surrendered to Source, out loud AND to your audience...and just like that, It was alright.
http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Focus-of-the-Month-plus-Teaching-Tips--June-2013---That-s-It.html?soid=1101159181331&aid=xeX29qtjFNk

Char Salinas said...

Thank you, Andy! ^__^

More and more I am convinced that as long as we use our God-given gifts in service of others, abundance, joy and peace of mind come.

I'm happy to report that yesterday, when I checked my bank account, a client had deposited payment for projects that I had billed for two weeks ago.

Just in time. As always! :)

*A-and-a* said...

yes!!!
TAT TVAM ASI! :)