Monday, June 24, 2013

The Hopeful Zen Migrant

To be honest, I'm a little nervous about the Australian Embassy interview.*

I seem to not have the best of luck with immigration officers.

Incident # 1 - September 2011, Leaving for Vietnam. Got probed by lady immigration officer upon seeing my spanking new and BLANK passport. Did not bring my old passports at the time, so I seeemed to be a viable TNT candidate.

Incident # 2 - August 2012, Denied a US Tourist Visa. Failed to present sufficient evidence of strong ties to the country.  Granted, I was ill-prepared and only had a half a heart going through that interview. Nonetheless, felt awful to be rejected. Oh, but I will have my day, U.S.A... 

If there's one thing I learned from my past immigration encounters:

BE PREPARED. With a purpose, a plan and papers. 

And pray.

We can do so much to control the outcome of this interview, but there are things that are out of our hands. So I'm praying for :

1) The presence of mind and composure to say what is appropriate
2) A kind-hearted immigration officer
   
The Lord has not forsaken us so far, I have faith that He will take us all the way.


*The purpose of which is to establish that G and I are in fact in a Genuine and Continuing Relationship, and that I am eligible to be counted as a Secondary Applicant and therefore immigrate with him.

No comments: