Monday, July 15, 2013

On Dreams and Living and The Elusive Calling


I believe we stop living when we stop pursuing dreams. When we see no hope, when we no longer strive for change, when we give in to the mundane - we become the walking dead.

I must always remember that I am responsible for my own joy.

                                                                        *

Since 2006, this blog has been a witness to my constant search for THAT THING THAT I MUST DO WITH MY LIFE. Seven years later, I'm still asking that question. Ah, the elusive calling.

Then I had a conversation with soul sister T., about finding one's place in the world. An awesome realization: your calling is not about what you do, but who you are. It's not an occupation, but a state of being.

This, I know of myself :

I am a Peacemaker.

I am an Optimist.

I am an Empathist (Empathizer?)

Everytime I act authentically, I live out my calling.




No comments: