Sunday, June 30, 2013

Sub-60 10 K Challenge | Sixth Week Slump

I'm supposed to be sleeping as I've a long run scheduled for tomorrow but my mind's still a-whirring with plans and dreams and thoughts. Perhaps I should run in the evening. In any case, I must hit the pavement.

Sometime in the middle of the week, my energy levels went down. It was a struggle to get on my feet and start running. But I knew I would regret it if I didn't so I peptalked myself into it.I was able to do the speed workout and the steady 60 minute run. The speedwork was painful. The 60 minute run revealed that I hit an energy peak at about 40 minutes and can sustain a relatively fast pace for 10 minutes thereafter before it becomes a struggle. So I really have to be careful not to over exert at that 40-minute mark. 

Two weeks til race day! 

In other news...

The fiance is en route to Baguio and it has been only been some hours since we parted and I miss him . Times like these I wish we were married already.



No comments: