Sunday, May 26, 2013

In the City of Pines (And What I'm Pining For)

 


This is what I see every morning as I sip my coffee. Lovely, isn't it? One of the many reasons why living in Baguio is on my bucket list.

It almost did not get ticked off. But it seems that the Universe decided to delight me once again: a room opened up in this lovely little transient house. It would have been foolish to pass up given the extremely reasonable rate and its close proximity to the Camp John Hay hiking trails!

And so here I am. Well, we, since I am here with G.

I am delighted to be here! Right before Coming here, however, I heard quite an earful from my mum. I will not go into detail. Let's just say it has to do with the 'propriety' of being here with my fiance for an extended period of time. I completely understand where she is coming from, of course. And although I am in a happy place, a part of me pines for approval. I know that everything she said was out of love. She did say that although she disapproves, she loves me anyway. 

A part of me wonders, could I share the joy and value of this experience with her? Shall I try?

No comments: