Friday, March 01, 2013

Year 2012 Recap

Not too late, I think, to go on retrospective mode on the year that was. This calendar shows the highlights of 2012:
If I were to interpret my happiness levels in the year 2012 in a graph, it would look something like this:



The year started with high energies and emotions as I joyfully celebrated my 30th birthday in January, and the 2nd year anniversary in February.

 The second quarter saw me spending Holy Week in Baler - where I fell in love with the laidback life of the province and felt the urge to move out of the city. A blissful trip to Baguio affirmed the urge and I vowed to myself that I would live there for at least a portion of my life in the near future.

Quarter three brought bouts of restlessness and along with the  hectic but happy preparations for Mama's 60th birthday extravaganza.  A dip in emotions happened around August - revolving around feelings of stagnancy and migration developments - the lack thereof.

Happiness started to pick up when the migration wheels started turning around October onwards, along with the accomplishment of some physical feats : a 21 km trail run and 2 duathlons.  The spirit started to soar when I decided to end my minionship and turn in my resignation letter in November (effective March 15, 2013).

The heart started to really sing again as I celebrated the last day of the year in Hanoi, Vietnam -  before pedaling out on a life-changing cycling tour.

All in all, a tremendous year in this rocky road life.

*  *  *

The dots are connecting and visions are slowly coming into fruition. I have a feeling 2013 is going to be EPIC!

No comments: