Thursday, November 08, 2012

Scary Shit Status Report

It has been 5 months to the day since I declared the Scary Shit I Have To Do.

Here's a status report on how I've fared in pursuing the Discomfort Zone.

1. Baguio  (The pursuit of independence)

Not likely to happen before the year ends. But I've inquired about long-term room rent rates, sent out job applications to Baguio-based companies. Keeping my eyes open for opportunities. Offering it up to the Powers That Be. Other locations aside from the City of Pines are also being considered.

2. 21 K Trail Run Under 3 Hours (The pursuit of  physical prowess)

Official time is 3:13. Did not quite hit the mark, but certainly not a disappointing outcome. Still landed in the Top 100 21K Trail Runners, Rank # 96.

Trail Run Results Here

3. Save 40% of Salary Every Month (The pursuit of financial freedom)

On the average, I've saved only 16% of my gross monthly income. Still, it's a big leap from almost 0.
I think the way to go about this is to inch my way through it, 1-2% at a time. :-)

*          *         *

The coming year is going to bring about more scary shit.  Scary things that I cannot not do. Things that will require commitment and action. Things that offer no guarantees and no shortcuts but hold the promise of fullness of life. I feel a little lightheaded and my stomach is doing mini-somersaults just writing this.

But I draw courage and inspiration from what Helen Keller once said :

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."





  








2 comments:

Tippie O. Tan said...

*HUG*
Proud of you. :)

Char Salinas said...

*Hug back*

Thank you,luv. It means a lot to me, coming from you. :)