Friday, November 16, 2012

Of Things That Matter

How much do I want the things I claim I want in life?

I ask myself,

How far would I go to get them?
What am I willing to give up?
When the going gets tough, will I be tough enough to get going?

 *

I believe that the path to a full, authentic and joyful life is riddled with hard questions and painful truths. It's not about having it all. It's peeling away the layers of fear, and masks and conditioned thinking to reveal your core and the things that truly matter to you. It's there, waiting to be uncovered and expressed. I believe this 'peeling away' is a process that must be consciously done, by stepping away from all that is comfortable and familiar.  This is the essence of my pending sojourn outside the city.

It is not a vacation from my life, but rather a homecoming for my spirit.







No comments: