Friday, November 04, 2011

Creativity Challenge Day 19 | The Heel Thing / On Acting Like A Heel


Heels are a petite girl's best friend.  The high heel, when worn well, has a way of emphasizing your rump, straightening your back and making you walk gracefully. More than altitude, the added height must come with a bit of an attitude. Otherwise, I'm just a little girl on stilts.

* * *

Today, I am ashamed to admit that I fed the cycle of negativity at work with my words and my thoughts. And while there was a sick kind of satisfaction at that moment to speak viciously about another, at the end of the day, I felt completely drained and devoid of energy.  How dare I speak ill of another? Based on what? The murmurings of a disgruntled co-worker? I don't know the whole story. Things are never what they seem.

From hereon, I solemnly swear to guard my mind, my tongue and my heart. So help me God.

No comments: