Monday, October 24, 2011

Creativity Challenge Day 14 | My Favorite Things # 8

# 8 
A GOOD BOOK


The more you read, the more things you will know. 
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.
(Dr. Seuss)

My favorite books of all-time : 1. Stardust (Neil Gaiman) , 2. Coraline ( Neil Gaiman), 3. Eat Pray Love (Elizabeth  Gilbert), 4. Neverwhere (Neil Gaiman), 5.  The Solitaire Mystery (Jostein Gardner)

They all have a resonating theme - the antagonist is a restless soul in search of Something, and as they go on their personal quests, they stumble upon awesome adventures that purify and transform them and make them better - enlightened, wiser, more joyful. It is the journey that molds them and that Something which they sought turns up in unexpected ways.

*

Books take you places when you have to stay where you are. I think it's about time I went on an adventure - I'm getting myself a good book this week.


1 comment:

G-third said...

Sabi nga ni Bilbo - time for another adventure. (eng?)