Monday, March 07, 2011

I Wear, Therefore I Am


I am no bona fide fashionista. I do know though, that I've always been a conscious dresser. I have a knack for pairing up separates, an intrinsic talent for discerning what goes with what. A little bit of inspiration from magazines, a lot of intuition and observation of what the polished set wear, a touch of imagination, and a dash of fun goes into the process. While perusing a bottom at a store, I take a mental inventory of tops in my closet that would go with it. An ensemble forms in my head, complete with footwear and accessories. Once home, I do a dress rehearsal, a fitting session - and the aforementioned ensemble comes into fruition in front of my full-length mirror. Afterwards, as I fold away the heaps of tops and bottoms on my bed, I feel a tinge of anticipation for when the put-together pieces see the light of day.

Today I'm wearing a brand new pair of sleek platform pumps which I fell in love with at first sight at the store. As luck would have it, it was the last pair in my size AND was on sale! Oh, these must be very lucky, very special shoes. I have reason to believe so because the moment I slipped them on - I felt my mood shift from dreary to daisy. I was in such a swell mood that I went on a good morning greeting spree on YM. It's the shoes, I tell ya.

Wear what makes you happy - that's what I say. Wearing something that makes you feel and look good can spell the difference between bliss and blah.


No comments: