Thursday, January 20, 2011

Three Years Ago I Spoke To The Universe About The Man I Want To Be With

Original entry:

http://indaymaria.multiply.com/journal/item/90/Hello_Universe_Are_You_Listening

It's not that I feel incomplete without a significant other. Nor do I need a man to shower me with gifts and compliments. I'm not looking for someone who will affirm that I am a wonderful human being. I already know that. :-)

It's been a long and winding road to the place of self-security I am in now. Of course, the journey is by no means over. Self-knowledge is a lifetime process. Nonetheless, with 25 years of life behind me, I can say that I get me. What I'm looking for is someone who can get me too. Someone I can share my weirdness with. Someone who won't take things at face value but will search deeper. Someone who will expand my world instead of constrict it. Someone who sees people with non-judgemental eyes. Someone who isn't emotionally constipated. Someone who will be patient and gentle with me. Someone I can share this ride with. As for that Someone, I will do the same.

I'm in no rush to be attached. I'm just putting the desires of my heart out there so the Universe can start conspiring and give them to me when the time is right.
I wrote this on November 4, 2007. I was 25 years old, four months into a new job and three months out of a relationship. Three one-night stands later, I felt tired and empty and longed for the real thing. Three years later, He Who Got Me comes along. Apparently, the Universe was listening. :)

1 comment:

thediplomaticwife said...

It's great that you are calling the Universe sweety! It really is. Oh and I love this " Someone who will expand my world instead of constrict it." Beautiful!

Sending you soulmate vibes from Jakarta!!