Friday, January 21, 2011

Reality Bites When You Let It

Savoring the days of il dolce far niente - the sweetness of doing nothing. Like all good things, this too will be over soon.

Back to the grind I will go. Sigh. Not really looking forward to rush hour traffic. The getting up before the sun does. The wardrobe decisions. The deadlines. The expectations. The office politics. The crush of tired bodies on the way home. The paycheck that comes and then goes.

My oh my. When did the world of work become so dreary and dreadful?

But. As the eternal optimist, I strive to accentuate the positive.

Back to the grind I will go. Looking forward to the new connections. The stretching of the mind and spirit. The wardrobe decisions. The chance to do what I am good at. The creative process. The regular income. The sigh of relief at the end of another productive day.

We see the world not as it is, but as we are.

3 comments:

Tippie O. Tan said...

wat's dis? wat's dis? shall we call for a chismax friday, saturday edition?

charissemaria said...

Hahaha. Dis is just me anticipating the future. But the "future" is yet to be determined.

Not worthy of chismax. Will letcha know, of course, when something comes up. :)

thediplomaticwife said...

Hey Char I sometimes feel the same way (not about work but life in general) but it helps when you are passionate about what you're doing (For me blogging about daily life as a diplowife gives the mundane more meaning somehow). It's great that you are putting a positive spin on the negative and i should really do that more on bad days =)