Monday, September 21, 2009

What The Signs Say

I'm supposed to be preparing for a presentation tomorrow. I find myself unable to focus and distracted.

There seems to be a recurring theme in my thoughts, and it's that I'm not quite where I'm supposed to be. I'm constantly lost.

And a bit unhappy.

How do I get there? How do I get to that place where I can say, Aaaah, yes. This is IT. THIS is what I was BORN to do.

I think about that presentation I'm supposed to be working on for tomorrow, and I'm filled with this...blankness. And mild dread.

It's not that I hate my job. Among all my designations, this is the one that suits me most.

But it doesn't put me on fire.

I find ways to make it joyful. I make the best out of the situation. After all, you make lemonades out of the lemons life throws at ya.

But it's a struggle, ya know?

I envy those who are absolutely sure they want to this one thing and then the set their GPS systems and just go.

Where do I go? What do the signs say?

No comments: