Thursday, August 07, 2008

Emo...powered by sugar and caffeine

Krispy Kreme doughnuts and brewed coffee three hours before bed time - bad idea. Especially when you have to be at work at 8 am the next morning.

Andito na 'ko. Might as well let it flow.

So. It's been a year. Almost. Tears have flowed and the people who matter have caught the drops and wiped them on their sleeves. I've been comforted and affirmed over cups of coffee and tasty brunches, through warm hugs, shared laughter and kind words. I've prayed, journalled, mani-pedied, coiffed, retail-therapied myself to healing. Dr. Time did his job well and has left but a scar.

It's just a shame though, that we had to disconnect totally. Or that he chose to do so. But people have their reasons. Perhaps sometimes, the best way to be there for someone is to, well, not be.

He is now a husband and a father, and so very deeply in love with his wife, his daughter, his life. Knowing this doesn't have me doing cartwheels. Nor does it want to make me shoot myself. I'm entitled to ache a little, but then that's that. As the cliche goes, life goes on.

And so, on I live.

Bottomline: I loved, I lost, I learn.

Regrets? None whatsoever.










No comments: