Tuesday, April 08, 2008

My Trip To the Beach Put Me In This Mood

Anawangin Island in Zambales is now officially on my 'favorite places in the world list'. This list includes:

the company of friends
the backseat of a car en route to the beach
underneath a blanket of stars
the arms of a significant other
the company of a child
on top of a mountain


*
My life, thus far, has not exactly been virtuous and ideal. But given the chance, I would choose to change nothing. All I'm feeling now is no regrets, serenity and peace. Not to say that I don't yearn for the things that your average twenty-something craves for - the dream job, stable finances, intimacy, mobility, self-control - these are all in working progress. But right now, I have everything that I need - my family, my dear dear friends, my health, my sanity, my optimism, my faith.

To Him who created me and gave me life, I am eternally grateful.

*





No comments: