Friday, October 27, 2006

Review


Denver-based band The Fray caught my attention with their single, "Over My Head (Cable Car)". The song opens with a soft rhythmic ticking pattern and segues into quiet chords on the piano as Isaac Slade sings the first verse:

I never knew
I never knew that everything was falling through
That everyone I knew was waiting on a queue
To turn and run when all I needed was the truth

Then the song breaks into a melodic run with the keyboard taking centerstage as he sings,

But that's how it's gotta be
It's coming down to nothing more than apathy
I'd rather turn around than stay and see
The smoke and who's still standing when it clears

The music then swells into a full band chorus:

Everyone knows I'm in over my head
Over my head
With eight seconds left in overtime
She's on your mind
She's on your mind

I've scanned some of their songs and I like what I hear: pop-rock flavor with a hint of ballad and senti. Perfect for laid-back afternoons and long drives.
:-)

1 comment:

-raindrops- said...

buds! wow! you blog! :)

will link you up, okay?